The Curriculum Corner | Kinder Corner | The Curriculum Corner 456 | Curriculum Corner Family | Research Corner

Reading Management Binder

by Jill & Cathy on August 11, 2012

You will find our new, updated binder with editable files here:  Reading Management Binder

Be completely prepared as you head to your PLC meeting to discuss strategies and interventions for your struggling readers.  This Reading Management Binder will provide you with an organized way to keep track of all of your reading materials – plans, conference notes, progress monitoring and data – so that you’re ready for these important discussions about your students’ reading growth.  Also, pull out this binder at conference time to make sure you’re prepared for parents’ questions about their student’s growth!

**For ease in finding your resources we have divided this post into categories we feel are important for planning and showing student growth.  However, we recommend that your reading management binder contain a planning section, a tab for each student in your class, and then a section to place all of your whole class reports and documents.  This Please let us know if there is something else we can create for you for this binder!

Reading Conversion Chart - Put this helpful form at the very front of your Reading Management Binder for a handy and useful resource.

Reading Plans – This would be a great spot to keep your lessons for each Unit of Study and your Reading Common Core Checklist.  You will find The Curriculum Corner’s first Unit of Study – Launching Readers’ Workshop here – http://www.thecurriculumcorner.com/2012/07/22/launching-readers-workshop.  And you will find The Curriculum Corner’s Reading Common Core Checklist here – http://www.thecurriculumcorner.com/2012/08/18/common-core-checklists/

Units of Study at a Glance  Lay out your year by writing in the focus for each month.

Student Groupings - This is a multipurpose form that can be used to keep track of the ever-changing fluid groups you have during Literacy Center time.

Literacy Center Planning Sheet  This is designed to help you plan your small group literacy centers.  Keep track of each center and its goal.

Small Group Instruction Planning Sheet  This form helps you plan for each of your small groups for guided reading.

Conference Notes

3 Box Conference Form  Perfect for the teacher who likes to make many notes during the conference.

6 Box Conference Form  Gives you enough room to include the most important observations while still allowing you to see record of six conferences per student at once.

Horizontal Conference Form Allows you to put notes from 9 student conferences on one form.  This is useful for easily tracking student reading growth over a short period of time.

Progress Monitoring

Running Record Form  Use this form to complete a running record with any text.

Class Observations Recording Form – Use this resource to keep track of groups of students who need specific interventions.

Individual Student Intervention Recording Form – Use this form to keep track of each student’s interventions throughout the year.

Fry Progress Master List  This form can be used to keep track of which Fry list each student is currently working on mastering.  Available as a pdf or word document.  Print the pdf and hand write your student names or use the word document so you can electronically add your student names.

Fry Progress Word Document        Fry Progress PDF Document

The following forms keep track of Fry Word Mastery for all 1000 Fry Words.  Each form has three columns to show three different assessment dates for each set of words.

Fry List 1    Fry List 2    Fry List 3    Fry List 4    Fry List 5

Fry List 6    Fry List 7    Fry List 8    Fry List 9    Fry List 10

Student Data

Running Record Data Form 1  This form is designed to track whole class growth.  It includes sections for the level and percent accuracy.

Running Record Data Form 2  This form is designed to track whole class growth.  It includes sections for the level, percent accuracy, self corrections and comprehension.

Individual Running Record Data This form is designed to track progress for each student.  Print one for each student.  It allows you to record the date, title, level, percent accuracy, self corrections and comprehension.  It also contains a spot for observations and a column for circling too easy, instructional or too hard.

Star Reading Data

Early Literacy Data

DRA Data

F & P Guided Reading Levels Growth Chart

Rigby Reading Levels Growth Chart

Reading A to Z Growth Chart

**This is also a good place to keep Star Reader, Star Early Literacy and Accelerated Reader reports that you’ve printed off.

You might also like…

Our Teacher Planning Binder

Our Math Management Binder

Our Preschool Planning Binder

Our Family Organization Binder

{ 24 comments… read them below or add one }

Madison September 12, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Thank you for sharing! Best Pinterest find of the day!

Jill & Cathy September 12, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Thanks Madison! We just checked out your site…we’ll have to add http://livelovelearnwithmrsl.blogspot.com/ to our favorites!

Rona September 19, 2012 at 9:06 am

Wow!! Thank you so much for sharing all your wonderful resources!!

Rachael October 23, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Fantastic forms! I have been looking for a basic observation form for Independent Reading Conferences and I have finally found it! Thanks so much. This is definitely the best pin of the day!!

Cheryl November 10, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Awesome resources! Thanks for creating and sharing!

carrie ann ramirez December 8, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Thank you, I have been searching, and found everything I need here in this site, I will definitely spread the word about this awesome resource. Thank you
I am a second year teacher (kindergarten) and trying to figure out a system to stay organized with all the new information and common core standards has been a major challenge and this will help me stay organized with my lesson plans and accountibility for my schedule. thank you again!!!

Nell December 10, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Thank you for sharing this wonderful resource!
~Nell

Lauren January 20, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Very generous of you

Gwen March 24, 2013 at 4:48 pm

I can’t believe how many amazing things you have here. It is equally amazing that you are willing to share with all of us. Thank you so VERY much.

Nina/Rosina April 7, 2013 at 8:36 am

This is a GREAT resource. Thank you SO much for sharing.

Tam April 20, 2013 at 10:23 am

Greetings from Qld, Australia. I found you on Pinterest tonight also. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful resource. I look forward to sharing it with my colleagues next week.

Donna April 20, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Great organizational tool!

Linda April 26, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Awesome!!!

Stephanie April 26, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Thank you so much for sharing these resources! As a new teacher, these forms are priceless!!

Erin June 4, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Wow! I can hardly believe that you are providing all of this for free!! I am pinning this for sure – I am getting set to move from a 5th grade class to 2/3 next year, and I can see how valuable this will be already!

Thank you!!

Kathy Marquez June 12, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Thank you! I have just been reassigned and this will keep me well organized.

Wendy Bramlett July 9, 2013 at 8:52 pm

I have just started a blog–http://starringfourthgrade.blogspot.com/ and I am testing the waters. I am also on facebook as Starring Fourth Grade. Your Reading management Binder and printables are amazing. It is exactly what I have been looking for. I am sharing it with everyone I know. Thank you soooo much.

Jill & Cathy July 10, 2013 at 9:57 am

Thank you so much, Wendy! We are happy that our resources are helping!! We’ll check out your blog! :)

Kaye July 15, 2013 at 11:21 am

Keeping organized is always a battle for me…I am so glad I stumbled across your website. The teacher and reading binder are sure to be a great resource for me this coming school year. You have so many great resources that I want a “print all” button!!!!

kate July 23, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Thank you so much for all these resources! I’ve had such a hard time finding the right format to keep up with all the data from Reading. This is perfect! Thank you so much!

Lisa August 9, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Thank you so very much for these free resources. I’m a bit overwhelmed and scared at the moment, but you have definitely made some of this organization easy!

Jennifer August 14, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Thank you so much for these great resources. With a new teacher evaluation in place this year and being in only my second year of teaching, I was feeling overwhelmed at the thought of creating all these forms on my own. I cannot wait to try these out in my classroom this year! I have a feeling they will make keeping track of student progress a much easier task.

Sharon June 20, 2014 at 11:36 pm

Thank you! Thank you! It’s all right here…..everything I’ve been looking for! :)

Kim July 7, 2014 at 10:09 pm

Very nice! I’d love to see your updates as well! Thank you!