“I Can” Common Core Kindergarten

I Can Common Core Standards for Kindergarten FREE from The Curriculum Corner

Reproduction of these posters or statements with the intent to sell is prohibited.  These were created to help busy teachers and are meant to be free.  Thank you for understanding!

**SPECIAL NOTE:  You will find our newest and updated resources for kindergarten CCSS and “I Can” Statements here:

Updated Kindergarten CCSS & I Can Resources

Our very own “I Can” statements for the kindergarten Common Core.  “I Can” standards are the common core standards presented in a kid friendly format.  Use these to help students and parents understand the new common core kindergarten standards.  (Great to help teachers understand too!)

• Ms.S January 6, 2013, 8:29 pm

Thank you for writing and posting these. They are great!

• DJ January 30, 2013, 6:54 am

So excited to use these in my data folders. Thanks for the help. MUCH APPRECIATED!!

• Landa Peake February 12, 2013, 6:18 pm

Do you have common core in Spanish?

• Jill & Cathy February 13, 2013, 4:39 pm

Landa, sorry, we don’t have any resources in Spanish yet.

• Kelly P. February 14, 2013, 11:50 pm

Will you do common core for pre-k also when it comes out?

• Tracy April 11, 2013, 7:26 am

Thank you so much for these great forms. I was wondering if you had any for Pre-K?

• Laura April 23, 2013, 11:56 am

This is such a great resource! I love the format and family friendly print. The clip art is perfect too. I plan on creating a color coded packet for each of my students. Thanks again.

• Brenda June 3, 2013, 8:43 pm

I am planning on using these as posters in my classroom (3rd grade teacher-Cindy’s idea). I am going to put a green sticker on “I can” statements we work on, then a gold star when we master it. Great visual for me as well as the students who can look at all the stars and see all the things they “can” do!

• Erin June 24, 2013, 5:54 pm

This is SUCH a timesaver! Thank you for the freebie!!

• ADELE July 10, 2013, 2:18 pm

I “LOVE” the “I Can” Common Core Checklist! What a wonderful idea to simplify and see what is needed…for teachers, students, AND parents! Thank you!!!

• IbeeCrazie July 16, 2013, 9:08 pm

Thank you for your wonderful, informative, and helpful site. We are just starting homeschooling and this site has been so much help as I build a homeschooling common core curriculum. I really cannot thank you enough.

Anne :)

• Jaylyn July 27, 2013, 1:18 pm

Thank you for the free information. This will be very beneficial to me since I was just assigned to work Kindergarten this year. HIGH FIVE!!!!

• alyson August 5, 2013, 7:55 pm

Thank you so much for these wonderful worksheets! I am so broke right now, and I needed something for CCS. I can’t thank you enough for your generosity!

• Pearl August 6, 2013, 4:06 pm

Jill & Kathy – Thank you so very much for this resources. You have made our lives a little bit easier by not having to stress over having one more thing to do. I truly appreciate your time and effort.

• Rita August 14, 2013, 12:17 am

Thank you so much for these resources! They’re just what I’ve been looking for!

• Monica August 15, 2013, 7:26 pm

Thank you so much!

• Carrie September 8, 2013, 4:49 pm

Thank you so much for making these! They are much easier for everyone to follow!!!

• Wendy September 11, 2013, 12:53 am

Thank you so much for all these wonderful checklists and posters. These will definitely help me with management. I will share your site with the other teachers at my school.

• Vicki September 15, 2013, 5:41 pm

Thank you so much! These statements are very user friendly. Do you happen to have them typed up individually where I can post one at a time? If so, please direct me where I can find them. This has been an invaluable to while I have been planning.

• Shelly LeBlanc September 28, 2013, 2:38 pm

A big thank you for the “I Can” common core statements. This has been such a timesaver and very kid friendly especially for kindergarten. Will you be doing common core in the poster format for kindergarten? We so appreciate all your time, talent and effort.

• Jill & Cathy September 28, 2013, 4:54 pm

We’re glad you like them! We will be completing the posters for grades K – 6. Look for kindergarten to be shared next week.

• Brooke Curtis October 24, 2013, 8:45 am

These are perfect for helping us put the Core into “kid friendly” language, as well as something that can be shared with parents. Thank you!

• Shirley Burrows January 18, 2014, 12:20 am

Wow! This website is a treasure trove for teachers struggling with how to manage artifacts for teacher evaluation, recording CCSS presentation, reteaching, student growth, and achievement . Thanks for sharing all your diligent work and making this latest change in education easier.

• Susan Cooper April 14, 2014, 3:59 pm

Thank you so much for providing a means to share Common Core standards for Kindergarten in a format that can be understood by parents! Appreciate all your hard work. O:-)

• Rebecca Ritchey April 30, 2014, 11:19 am

Thank you for this breakdown of Common Core Standards! My second child is entering Kindergarten this coming year and this really helps me understand what is expected and will be taught much better! Thank you again.

• Jill & Cathy April 30, 2014, 1:49 pm

Hi Rebecca and thanks for your message! Wanted you and everyone else to know that we are currently updating our CCSS I Can statements to make them more organized and streamlined. We are also addressing any changes that have been made to them as well as creating some fun new posters! Be on the lookout for these new and updated versions by the end of June (at the latest)!! We are very excited