This fact & opinion center gives your students the opportunity to practice sorting fact and opinion cards to reinforce the concept.
It can be difficult for students to differentiate between facts and opinions. This fact & opinion center will give your students extra practice.
Because it never seems like enough, we created an additional fact or opinion sort. These cards will print four on a page.
We have included headings labeled fact and opinion. Each fact has a coordinating opinion.
Here are some ideas for using these cards:
- Place at a literacy center and have students sort into the correct category. Laminate and attach magnets to make it a center for your board.
- You might even choose to use this as a game. Hand out the cards and students must find their partner. Have each class member share their statement and identify it as fact or opinion.
- Give students a fact. Have them write their own coordinating opinion.
- Give students an opinion. Have them write their own coordinating fact.
- As an extension, encourage students to write their own cards to add to your center!
You can download this free card set here: Fact or Opinion Sorting Cards
If you are looking for additional materials for fact and opinion, we do have more activities. We have created materials in the past to help with this skill. (You will find those here: Fact or Opinion. This collections includes class games, a file folder game and more.)
Do you have other ways you will use these cards? Please share below!