This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are ours alone. #HolidayMadeSimple #CollectiveBias
So last night we hosted an impromptu gathering of teachers at Jill’s house. So nice to enjoy some holiday CHEER with colleagues that we miss since we are both on professional leaves. Not everyone was able to make it, but good food was enjoyed…yummy drinks were served…and laughter was the prevailing sound!
Take a look at the menu we created with the help of NESTLÉ®! Entertaining made super easy!
Our CHEERS to Teachers! Menu:
- STOUFFER’S® Party Size Entrée (Lasagna with Meat & Sauce)
- Fruit Pizza using NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Rolled & Ready Sugar Cookie Dough Sheets (Recipe below)
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Ball (one block of cream cheese, 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels)
- Melted Sparkling Snow (AKA – ice water with fresh cranberries to make it pretty)
- Carmel Appletinis (caramel vodka, apple cider and a splash of cinnamon schnapps – garnished with cinnamon sticks)
- Sour Appletinis (sour apple schnapps and vodka – garnished with red maraschino cherries)
- Assorted wines
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Peppermint Refrigerated Cookies (for party favors)
We bought all of the products from our Walmart Neighborhood Market just down the street.
We also created SUPER CUTE printables for the party so you can easily host your own spur-of-the-moment holiday gathering at school or at home without much stress.
We both know that this time of year can be wonderful, but so very stressful for teachers. Not only are you trying to make the season and holidays wonderful for your own family, but you want things to seem extra special for the kids in your classroom. More than anything we wanted a #HolidayMadeSimple and thanks to #CollectiveBias we were able to do just that! We thought you might like to do something similar in your teacher’s lounge at school (HINT! HINT! PRINCIPALS!) or invite some colleagues over like we did.
This was SUCH a last minute gathering of our colleagues, but one we were excited about. We weren’t sure who would be able to make it, but we had a great turnout – which just goes to show that no matter how busy we get…we can ALL use some relaxation and fun time.
We served our dessert pizza at the gathering but also wanted to send something home with our fellow teachers. To thank everyone who attended, we put together small treat bags containing NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies. After baking the cookies, we simply placed three in a bag and added a cute little treat topper. So simple, but it was a festive treat to send our friends home with.
CHEERS to our wonderful teacher friends! We love you!
Holiday Party Chalkboard Printables (Seen Above):
The Best Way to Bring Christmas Cheer is Singing Loud for All to Hear! (Our tribute to Buddy the Elf!)
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Rolled & Ready Sugar Cookie Dough Sheets
- 1 - 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 12 oz pineapple orange juice (or similar citrus fruit juice)
- 2 Tbsp Minute Tapioca
- Assorted chopped fresh fruit (raspberries, strawberries and kiwi for holiday colors)
- Bring fruit juice and tapioca to a boil in saucepan, stirring the whole time. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Use a deep cookie or pizza pan with edges (round or rectangular works depending on what you like).
- Piece together and join the NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Rolled & Ready Sugar Cookie Dough Sheets.
- Bake as directed, but keep an eye on it since it isn't quite the same as separate cookies. Cool.
- Use a mixer to blend the cream cheese, vanilla and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the cookie, leaving about a ½ inch of the cookie showing on the edges.
- Arrange the chopped fresh fruit onto the cookie in a pretty pattern.
- Spoon on the fruit juice glaze and spread carefully over as much of the fruit as possible.
- Refrigerate until serving.
And here’s some great news from NESTLÉ®! They’ll be giving away $1,600 in NESTLÉ® Gift Baskets. 8 winners will receive a $100 NESTLÉ® gift basket and 2 winners will receive a $400 grand prize NESTLÉ® gift basket. Enter for your chance to win here: Nestlé Holiday Sweepstakes
Want some other simple, but fabulous ideas for impromptu holiday family, friend or teacher gatherings? Check out some other great blogger ideas & recipes at www.walmart.com/nestle and www.flavorfulmoments.net! We found some great things we’ll be using this season for sure!