These gingerbread fluency & sequencing sentences are a great free addition to your December literacy centers.
1. Sequencing Cut apart and use as a whole class or small group sequencing activity. When students complete the ordering, you can have them take turns reading the phrases aloud.
2. Fluency Phrase Give students a phrase to practice during independent reading time. You can do a fluency quick check as you conference with students.
3. Roll, Read, Keep Print on construction paper, laminate and cut apart. Use as part of a roll, read, keep game. Students place six phrases on the board and roll a die. The first student reads the corresponding phrase. The phrase is kept if it is read correctly, it stays there if the student is unable to read the phrase.
4. Illustrate Give each student a phrase and a story page. Students glue their phrase at the bottom and then illustrate what they visualize. These phrases can then be turned into a class book.
5. Gingerbread Fluency Booklet Students select a given number of phrases and attach to their booklet. Students illustrate their phrases and then practice during independent reading time. This can also be a way to send home a little reading practice over winter break.
You can download the complete collection of sentences here: Gingerbread Sentences
How will you use these phrases? We would love to hear your ideas!
You might also be interested