This set of free and editable Kindergarten December Daily Welcome Messages is an easy way to get your students to enter the classroom and focus on the day ahead.
This is another free resource for teachers from The Curriculum Corner.
Start your days with these ready to go Kindergarten December Daily Welcome Messages!
This is a newer resource similar to our set designed for the primary grades (you will find the link for the primary version at the bottom of this post.)
We will begin creating a set for each month. Other than the visuals we have included, this set differs from our primary version in that we have made the warm-up sections editable.
You will find 31 daily welcome messages within this set. We know many of you will not need the full set but we have included each day just in case.
We know you won’t use every slide every year but this way you will be set for future years!
When we created this set of Kindergarten December Daily Welcome Messages, we had a few goals in mind.
- We wanted to encourage students to talk a little. This is the first thing many teachers do in the morning as they enter the building. Many students want to do the same!
- We wanted to encourage students to wake up! We provided an idea for a quick stretch and a quick movement exercise. For this version, we have provided students with pictures to show each stretch and exercise.
- We wanted to encourage students to wake up their brains as well! We have included two warm-ups. The first contains a list of three sight words. The second focuses on math.
Now for the exciting part. You will be able to edit the reading and math warm-ups to fit your classroom. The weather and get moving sections are not editable.
Each slide does include a different word list and math problem. If you do not have time to edit or forget one day, you will be able to use the slides as they are.
If you are looking to edit the slides, you will begin by downloading the PDF. You will then need to open the PDF using Adobe Reader (it is a free program if you do not already have it.)
How to Use these Kindergarten December Daily Welcome Messages
We are providing this file as a PDF.
You will open the PDF and display the correct day on your SmartBoard.
Either choose a student to write in the information about the day, year and weather or allow the first students who enter the room to complete these fill in tasks.
We hope these help save you time in the morning and engage your students!
You can download our free, editable Kindergarten December Daily Welcome Messages here:
If you are looking for additional free December resources, take a look at these:
- December Messages for Primary Grades
- Journal for December
- December Daily Bell Ringers
- Bell Ringers for Intermediate Classrooms
Thank you to Educlips for the clip art!