This spring ABC game will be a fun addition to your early learning centers this spring (another free resource for teachers from The Curriculum Corner.)
This spring alphabet game is designed for children learning to match uppercase and lowercase letters.
For this spring ABC game, we have chosen to focus on 3 or 4 letters at a time. We went in alphabetical order when creating the games.
This game board has a path students follow as they match uppercase and lowercase letters.
The fun spring gardening theme is perfect for April and May.
We have provided this game with a colorful background along with a white background. Both games have color but the white backgrounds will be a good option for those needing to conserve colored ink.
How to set up your Spring ABC Game
- Begin by printing in color (or in black and white if you choose.) We like to print on heavy, white card stock for durability.
- Laminate your game and cards.
- Cut apart the cards.
- Place the cards and the matching board at a center.
- Provide students with buttons or other place markers.
**I have added a line under the b and the d. When playing with my daughter, I noticed that it was a challenge for her to know the correct direction. I did not add an underline to the p. Underlining the p made the letter look different since it went through the middle. The p fell on the page with our web site watermark. I’m hoping the name of the site being at the bottom in find print will make it easier for students to determine the correct direction for this letter. Another option is for you to use a different color of marker to underline the p after printing.
To Play your Spring Alphabet Game
We have tried to keep this game fairly simple.
Once the game is taught, even your young students should be able to play without assistance.
- It is important to make sure each pair or group of students playing is able to correctly match the uppercase and lowercase letters. You want to make sure your students are practicing matching the letters correctly.
- Students will begin at the START fence. They will place there markers on this cloud.
- Children take turns flipping over a lowercase letter card.
- They will move to the first spot with the matching uppercase letter.
- The first student to the flowers containing all of the letters at the end is the winner.
This single download contains both the full color and white background versions. Make sure you only print the pages needed for your use after downloading.
You can download this free Spring Alphabet Game here:
ABCs Spring Game
You might also be interested in the following spring themed activities: