This gingerbread reading binder is designed to help you create a quick and ready to go binder for your young readers.
This free collection or printable pages can be used to help you create an interactive binder for your readers.
If your class will be doing a study of gingerbread stories this December, be sure to add this free gingerbread reading binder set to your centers.
This binder has been created for students working on beginning reading skills. We do have a small range of pages so you can choose what will work best for your students.
This can be placed at a literacy center or used as an intervention for students working on an included skill.
At home, this can be a useful tool when you are looking to help your child practice early reading skills.
To conserve color ink, this binder is mostly provided in black and white. A few pages will have a black and white and color option so be sure to choose the pages you need when you are ready to print.
How to Create
- Print your pages on card stock. We used white but colorful card stock would work for many of the pages if desired.
- Laminate the pages. (We chose to laminate our entire set for durability.)
- Sort your pages. For the pages created to be work mats or holding pages for pieces, we used a three hole punch. We punched these pages and placed in a binder.
- For pages with letters or cards, cut out the pieces.
- Add Velcro! Place Velcro on the boxes and backs of the pieces. Some pages come with holding pages for the pieces and others have space so you can put the pieces on the edges or tops of the pages.
- Let students explore, play & read!
You can download this free gingerbread reading practice binder to accompany your gingerbread story study here:
You might also like: