This set of nativity scrambled sentence mats provides an engaging and fun literacy center for your kindergarten classroom.
You can download these free nativity scrambled sentence mats for your literacy centers by clicking on the bold link at the bottom of this post. Simply click the title at the bottom to download the PDF.
Give your young readers simple reading practice with this free resource!
You may print and copy these nativity sentence mats for your personal classroom use. They are a free classroom resource created by The Curriculum Corner.
You may not modify this work and sell it as your own.
Within this free download you will find two sets of sentence mats. The first has a full color background. The second set has a white background for those needing to conserve ink. You will find both in the download.
***New to these sets, we have also included a set that does not contain the sentences. For students ready for a challenge, they can unscramble the words without the prompt.
Our nativity scrambled sentence mats are designed to give your emergent readers practice with reading simple 4 and 5-word sentences with punctuation marks.
How to Assemble your Nativity Mats
- Print the sentence mats on card stock and laminate them.
- Print the square sentence cards and cut them apart.
- Put each sentence in a baggie and attach it to the mat. (Another organizational option is to put the word squares in an envelope and attach it to the back of the mat.)
- We have matched the color of the square sentence cards to the box colors on the mats for easier sorting.
- To do this activity, students will place the word cards in the correct order to match the sentence on the mat. The picture is provided to help your students establish meaning.
We have also provided a page for students to record the sentence and draw a matching picture.
While some students might need you to provide only one sentence at a time so they don’t get overwhelmed, others might benefit from being given the choice of picking a picture and sentence they like best.
You can download this collection of nativity scrambled sentence mats here:
Nativity Sentence Mats
You might also like: