The Curriculum Corner | Kinder Corner | The Curriculum Corner 456 | Curriculum Corner Family | Research Corner

Teacher Planning Binder

by Jill & Cathy on July 12, 2012

You will find the updated version of this binder here:  http://www.thecurriculumcorner.com/thecurriculumcorner123/2014/07/07/updated-teacher-planning-binder/

Organize your world!  Use these printable pages to organize your life as a teacher.   Print, hole punch and add tabs to your binder.   Choose your cover page and you’re ready to start your year!  We have included many different cover choices to help you make your binder match your personality.

Cover Pages

____________________________________________________________________________

Contact Information  & Daily Organizational Items

Class Contact Info                                  Parent Communication Log                 Parent Communication Log #2

Missing Assignments Log                                                               Assignment Check Off Sheet

Study Trip Organizer & Check Off                                                Transportation List

Behavior Documentation Log                                                        Expense Tracking Sheet

**Two ways to use the Assignment Check Off Sheet – Simply print off the page and handwrite student names and assignments OR open the Word document, type the student names & assignments and continue to save it on your computer as you update the sheet.

Lesson Planning

Curriculum Framework  A great way to guide your lesson plans.  Use this to make sure your lessons throughout the week stay on focus and meet common core standards.

Literacy Center Planning Sheet  This is designed to help you plan your small group literacy centers.  Keep track of each center and the goal of each.

Small Group Instruction Planning Sheet  This page helps you plan your small group guided reading instruction.

Substitute Teacher Notes

The first two of the following Lesson Plan Templates have been saved and presented as Word documents so that they can be typed on, saved and/or manipulated to suit your style and your district requirements.  These are GREAT for beginning teachers!

Lesson Plan Template Idea #1 – For those teachers who like to plan their days and see things sequentially.

Lesson Plan Template Idea #2 – For those teachers who like to plan their days in sections.

Lesson Plan Template Idea #3 – Week at a Glance – Take to team planning meetings to get a better vision for your entire week.  Print both pages.  Hole punch the right side of the first page and the left side of the second page to show the whole week’s plans for your binder.  Print four copies at once to plan your month!

Meetings

Meeting Notes                                       PLC Notes                                                    Committee Notes

Class Data

Student Groupings                                 Running Record Data                           Star Reading Data

Early Literacy Data                                Star Math Data

DRA Data

Calendars & Schedules

School Year Curriculum Map               Birthday Calendar

June 2013 Calendar                    July 2013 Calendar               August 2013 Calendar

September 2013 Calendar         October 2013 Calendar         November 2013 Calendar

December 2013 Calendar          January 2014 Calendar         February 2014 Calendar

March 2014 Calendar                April 2014 Calendar               May 2014 Calendar

June 2014 Calendar

Resources

Professional Resources to Purchase                                              Trade Books to Purchase

Web Sites to Remember                                                                   Reading Conversion Chart

If you like our teaching binder, you might also like our COMPLETE family organization binder.  You’ll find it on our sister site, The Curriculum Corner Family… http://www.thecurriculumcornerfamily.com/2012/10/24/the-complete-family-organization-binder/

{ 90 comments… read them below or add one }

Nancy Hammes July 14, 2012 at 12:53 am

Your website is awesome, Jill!!! Full of creative and useful material, time-saving too
Keep up the great work :))

Rhonda Allen July 16, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Very useful resources!

Gail Sembach July 17, 2012 at 10:27 am

Your templates and ideas are wonderful! I look forward to using them this school year! An awesome way to keep organized as well. Thank you for all your hard work!!!!! Cathy and Jill are AWESOME!!!!! Thanks!

Jill & Cathy July 18, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Thanks so much Nancy, Rhonda and Gail! We’re keeping very busy and are trying to add new content daily. We’re currently working very hard on more Back-to-School lessons, activities and organizational tools, but will also be posting lessons to help teachers launch their Reader’s and Writer’s Workshops when school starts. Keep checking back!! And don’t forget to give us your ideas!

Edie July 21, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Thanks for the great pages for the teacher binder. I will be adding some of them tomorrow!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Rosalind July 22, 2012 at 11:00 pm

This is a really cool resource for teachers. Thanks for making it available!

Priscella July 23, 2012 at 8:48 am

Wow! I was thinking of how I could organize an “important information” binder and then found your website. You have made it super easy for me – all I have to do is print and tab! Thank you so very much for sharing! I will be sharing your website with all of my co-workers and friends!

Keshia Fowler July 23, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Love the site !

Robyn July 23, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Thank you! Thank you!

Kay July 23, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I love this site! Your printables are just what I was looking for. Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

Angie Bersaw July 24, 2012 at 10:03 am

Hello! I LOVE this website! What an amazing resource! Thank you so much for putting it together. I see that you’ve used many Dr. Seuss quotes for your binder covers. Here is another one–and it also happens to be my favorite quote–

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind” ~Dr. Seuss

A suggestion: I was thinking it would be cool if you could put some blank templates on so your readers could use their own quotes to really make it personal. I don’t know if I am asking for too much, but I thought I would make the suggestion. The information and resources you have for us is already so great!

Thanks again!
Angie

Jill & Cathy July 24, 2012 at 10:19 am

Thanks so much for your ideas, Angie! LOVE the quote and we will work it in to the website somewhere. Will also make sure we get some blank binder covers up there. What a GREAT idea! Thanks and keep them coming! We are so excited to be providing FREE resources to our colleagues everywhere and hope that they will make people’s teaching lives a lot easier! Hope to hear from you again soon!

BeckyB July 25, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Love the quote, too, but it is misattributed to Dr. Seuss; Bernard Baruch said it. http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Dr._Seuss

Thank you for the pages! I’m working on getting organized NOW, instead of trying to catch up later :)

Jill & Cathy July 26, 2012 at 12:06 am

You’re welcome, Becky! That’s interesting about the quote. We’ll certainly look into it and make corrections where needed. Good luck getting organized! So glad we could help! Keep checking back. We’re crazy busy trying to get launching lessons for reading and writing workshop posted, as well as our first math unit. AND…we’re still trying to add more BTS ideas!

Lindsay July 24, 2012 at 1:47 pm

OOOH MY GOSH!! Thank you for this. I needed it. and thanks a hundred times more for giving it out for free!! I could kiss you!

Teresa July 24, 2012 at 7:00 pm

THIS IS AMAZING! Thank you so much for putting all of this together AND sharing it with us. These are all the things I need and just don’t have the time to do myself. I can’t wait to print these out and get organized.

Robin July 24, 2012 at 11:59 pm

What an awesome load of resources! Love them all! Could you make a cover with zebra print? That is my classroom theme this year. You are so awesome to provide all this great stuff for free!
Thanks for saving me LOTS of time trying to reinvent the wheel when you have already done it so well:)

Jill & Cathy July 25, 2012 at 7:15 am

We’ll get the zebra print cover posted by the end of the week! Thanks for the suggestion!

Molly July 25, 2012 at 11:26 am

Thank you so much. I love all of these, you are making life easy!

Beth July 25, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Love this site. As a new teacher it’s nice to get started in the right direction with a little help. I noticed that the Julia Child quote on one binder cover has the word tremendously spelled incorrectly. Just pointing it out because the OCD in me won’t let it be.

Rachel July 25, 2012 at 4:00 pm

So glad I found your site! Thank you for all the great resources!!

Laurie July 26, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Thank you so much! I appreciate all of your resources and for making them free! It is so nice to be able to have the ability to just click and print.

Kim July 26, 2012 at 2:04 pm

LOVE the website and the resources you are providing! I am doing my room this year in black, white, and yellow with polka dots and daisies. If you were able to do a binder cover page that ties into that theme, it would make my school year before it even started! Thanks again for all the wonderful and useful resources!

Jill & Cathy July 27, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Thanks Kim! We have a few more binder cover pages in the works and will post the design you requested as soon as the others are finished. Keep checking back with us and your black, white and yellow binder cover will be there soon!

Bonnie Walling July 26, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Thank you so much!

ivories July 27, 2012 at 7:46 am

What generous hearts you have. Thank you for sharing. BTW, its probably just my computer or me, but a couple of the tags were not linked to anything. (Ex: Class Contact Info, Assignment Checkoff List, Transportation List) Can you give me a clue as to what I may be doing wrong. Again, kudos on a fantastic website.

ivories July 27, 2012 at 7:55 am

LOL!!! asked and answered. I closed out my internet browser and there on my desktop were the missing forms I didn’t think were linked to anything. (x10 because of all the times I tried to open up the forms!) Oh boy! Thanks again! Have a great school year.

Amanda July 29, 2012 at 1:22 am

Thank you so much for all your wonderful resources! I am starting my first year of teaching and so I have been trying to find as many things that I can use as possible! I really love the reading levels conversion chart. That is really going to help me out!

Julie Faulkner July 30, 2012 at 10:12 am

Hi, love all your organizing ideas. I’m having trouble typing in the calendar blocks after I have saved it in a PDF file. Can you suggust a way I can type in the blocks? Thank you so much!

Jill & Cathy July 30, 2012 at 10:19 am

Hi Julie! Actually that template was created with the idea that it would be something you take to team planning meetings or staff meetings to handwrite longer term, more broad ideas for your plans (when to begin units, when school and district assessments are to be given, meeting dates, etc). We can certainly work on a calendar you can type lesson plans into. Give us a week or so and we’ll let you know how it’s going! Be sure to check back!

Janelle July 30, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Love your ideas! Found you via Pinterest. School starts in 2 weeks so I love I found this in time! Thanks ever so much!

Stephanie July 30, 2012 at 4:53 pm

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
I also found you through Pinterest. Your ideas and printables are so helpful to start off the year organized.

J. Russell July 30, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Wow this is such a great website, Thanks so much for all the wonderful resources, are your lesson plans in a format you can type or just print them and write them in? I have a Mac and it sometimes acts crazy….so if they are editable that’s awesome because I do all mine electronically and save them that way. I don’t have Word or Excel on this new computer and it’s hard to use the template I had last year in Excel. Thanks so much again for all these resources and making them free is AWESOME!!

Jill & Cathy July 31, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Hi! These plans are designed in Word. So, if you add Word to your computer in the future, you will be able to edit them. Sorry, we don’t have a Mac yet…maybe someday! We hope you are still able to find items you can use.

Cindy Newsom July 31, 2012 at 9:51 am

Thanks for sharing your great ideas! I love the binder idea. Hope we all have a great year!

Susie Von Gustedt July 31, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Thanks a ton for having the time to create all these forms!! Very much appreciated!!!!!!!

hannah August 1, 2012 at 12:28 am

I think i love you ( whoever created this)

Penelope Joven August 1, 2012 at 1:01 am

Thank you so much for your resources. It’s going to make my beginning of the year planning so much easier.

Vickie August 1, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Thank you for sharing your creations!
:-)

Teri August 1, 2012 at 10:49 pm

I love the zebra binder cover but can’t type in the PDF. Any suggestions?

Jill & Cathy August 2, 2012 at 10:05 am

To be able to add text, open the PDF and take a snapshot (this makes a copy of the file.) You can then paste it into word just like you would a photo. Add a text box on top of the file and type in this box. I hope this helps!

Amanda August 4, 2012 at 8:02 pm

This is all AMAZING!! So glad I came across your site. It will certainly help me in my new classroom!

Jill E August 4, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Thank you so much!! I found so many WONDERFUL ideas and printables that I can use. I have been teaching for a long time and finally found you – who has my ideas all typed and organized! THANK YOU!

Melissa August 4, 2012 at 11:48 pm

THANK YOU! I just told my husband “I am actually teary over what I just found!” You have saved me soooo much time! I need it now more than ever as my twins are starting preschool!

Mary Beth August 7, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Thank you so very much for putting all of this together and sharing!

Elizabeth M August 7, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!! It is so nice to have so many different resources in one place and this has saved me so much time not having to reinvent the wheel.

Amanda @ Fancyoatmeal August 8, 2012 at 5:02 am

These are fantastic! It’s all the information and data that I’m always scribbling down and then losing. Thank you so much!

Jill August 9, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Absolutely love the information on your site! Thank you for sharing!

Beth August 11, 2012 at 8:02 pm

thank you so much for sharing – these are fabulous and will save me tons of time.

Kelly White August 12, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Hi! Thank you so much for doing the work of putting this together! I love the forms! I am trying to go digital with my lesson plans but like your lesson plan template #3. I only teach 2 subjects, so this is best for me. However, I would like to type them instead of print and write them. Is there any way you could send me a copy through email?

Jill & Cathy August 14, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Hi Kelly!

Check your e-mail. Hopefully this will work for you!

Thanks!
Jill and Cathy

Melissa September 10, 2012 at 11:53 pm

This is absolutely INCREDIBLE! Thank you so much for sharing and making our lives easier!

Leah October 12, 2012 at 3:10 pm

I use the Student Groupings form to record all of my math and literacy center activities. I list the student groups in the boxes, the center activities are listed at the bottom and I make note of any modifications/challenges/behavior issues/etc. in the notes section. I always make double-sided copies so math is on one side and literacy is on the other-then I only need to carry one piece of paper with me!

Barbara November 12, 2012 at 7:55 am

Thank you!

Kelsey November 12, 2012 at 10:25 am

I love your Binder ideas and thank you for the templates! Do you have anything for the higher grades?

Jill & Cathy November 12, 2012 at 5:11 pm

We’re so happy you like them! Currently our focus is the lower grades. Look for the opening of http://www.thecurriculumcorner456.com next summer. We currently have no plans to expand beyond 6th grade. Thanks!
Cathy and Jill

kathy December 13, 2012 at 11:00 am

Thanks for the awesome checklists! Do you plan to create common core check lists for grades 7 and 8?

Jill & Cathy December 14, 2012 at 4:54 pm

We are considering! It might be added to our to-do list for next summer.

Madelyn January 28, 2013 at 3:54 pm

A million times, thank you! I was so excited to see such wondeful printables and easy to do. I can do them between my Kid Safety Classes and I even made copies for my supervisors. Super easy! Thanks so much!

Jennifer D. February 22, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Thank you for all the amazing resources!!!

sarah May 16, 2013 at 12:37 pm

I just found this! I can’t wait to use it for 2013-2014 school year!

Kathleen Grant May 19, 2013 at 9:50 am

Truly great ideas! Very practical and many of them I can adapt to my middle school classes. Thanks for sharing!

jill May 28, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Wow! What a great website. I love and have used so many of these forms to keep me organzied in reading this year. This summer I plan on really getting into this site to find much more. Thank you for all you do to help my little guys get the best education I can give them.

heather May 31, 2013 at 11:16 am

thank you for helping me in my transition to primary

Marsha Hutson June 6, 2013 at 11:58 am

Thanks so much for sharing this with us teachers! Now I, too, can get organized and stay that way! I appreciate ya’ll so much!

Sherry June 7, 2013 at 7:04 am

Thank you so much for all your resources. I am so excited I found your website. Everything for the teacher binder is wonderful, but I especially like the quotes on the calendar pages. Everyday needs a little inspiration!

Angie June 7, 2013 at 10:28 pm

I love, love, love this!!! I really want to print one of the binder covers. They still have 2012-2013 on them. Can they be edited or are you going to change the dates for next year?
Thanks so much for sharing with everyone!!!

Jill & Cathy June 8, 2013 at 9:07 am

Thank you! We will get the covers updated during our workday next week.

Nacole June 20, 2013 at 9:07 am

Thank-you for all the wonderful ideas! Love the binder!

B weller June 21, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Thank you thank you!

Holly June 22, 2013 at 10:20 am

WOW!! What a time saver!! I found this site by chance and am so thankful I did!! My Cooperating Teacher used a Binder during my student teaching field – she called it her ‘Teacher Bible.’ I fell in love with the concept of having all my necessary information in one place, too. Thanks so much for sharing all your work!!

Angie LeBlanc June 28, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Everything I see is great. Are you going to put new dates on the binder covers?

Jill & Cathy July 3, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Hi Angie! Thanks for your question. Actually, we have taken the dates completely off of the PDFs that you would print. The icons on the screen still have the 2012-13 year, but you can click on them and get to binder covers that aren’t dated. We have plans to create four or five covers with the current year, but it’s rather time consuming, so we won’t have it done until the end of summer.

Rikybee July 10, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Thanks for the wonderful resources!

ania July 19, 2013 at 6:27 pm

great ideas, love it!!!

Beth July 21, 2013 at 11:49 am

I love this website! You are my favorite people as of right now! Thank you! I will be spending the bulk of my time over the next few weeks on this site!

Jill & Cathy July 25, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Thank you, Beth! And now you are one of our favorite people too! :) Hope our resources are helpful!

Mindi July 23, 2013 at 10:57 pm

I’m headed back to teaching after a 14 year hiatus to raise my own kids. This binder looks fabulous to help get me organized and on track! Thank you!

Jill & Cathy July 25, 2013 at 11:44 pm

Good luck, Mindi!!!! We hope our site helps with your transition back to teaching!! :)

Kaye August 1, 2013 at 10:50 am

I love it all! Is there a way to print all or save all instead of one page at a time?

Melissa August 1, 2013 at 7:08 pm

I have enjoyed this website so much! Thank you Jill & Cathy!!! I just finished printing a plethora of downloadable resources for the upcoming school year. My favorite ones are the “I can” classroom posters and Sub plans.

Sandy S August 2, 2013 at 10:36 pm

You are so kind for sharing. You have saved us so much time and effort.

DeAnn S. August 8, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Thank you for all your effort and thoughtfulness in sharing. I very much appreciate your kindness.

Yvette August 10, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Thanks for sharing resources! As a recent graduate from a teacher prep program, it helps a lot!!

Sadie Tyler January 16, 2014 at 6:12 pm

These are wonderful! I am a first year teacher, and your resources have saved me so much time and effort! Thank you!!

Tracy June 7, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Thanks for sharing!

Julie June 10, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Your site is fantastic! Thank you for such great resources.

Lee June 17, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Thank you for sharing. I am on a never ending quest to get more organized!

Christa Knox August 20, 2014 at 10:06 am

After finding your site, I made my own binder and have now shared with other teachers and even administration.
It is amazing! Thank you for this!

Octavia August 21, 2014 at 11:04 pm

Your website is AWESOME!! Love it:)