Everything CCSS “I Can” for K – 8 Grades

We are often asked why we have changed our original “I Can” statements.  This change occurred for two reasons.  First, there have been significant changes to the first set of CCSS standards that were published.  Because of this, we felt that our resources needed an update.  Second, after spending time looking at our first set of “I Can” statements, we felt that they could be reworded to better spiral between grade levels.  We hope you find these new resources useful!

Kindergarten

First Grade

Second Grade

Third Grade

Fourth Grade

Fifth Grade

Sixth Grade

7th & 8th Grade Checklists for CCSS

7th & 8th Grade Everything “I Can”

• Alyssa November 6, 2014, 5:57 pm

Hi!
    These are great!
    Any chance you have a checklist for Pre-K?
    Thanks so much!

• Brandi June 9, 2015, 10:54 pm

Thank you so much for making these! I will be using them year after year! I appreciate this so much~

• Theresa July 7, 2015, 3:58 pm

I love the I Can statements, but am wondering if you will have a set for the Indiana College ge and Career Readiness Standards.

• Jill & Cathy July 8, 2015, 8:50 am

Hi Theresa! The short answer to that question is no…not yet. Though we are from Indiana, we are not currently in classrooms and haven’t had time to create those. The longer answer is that we would really like to do this for our Indiana colleagues and it is on our to-do list. We just aren’t sure when we will get them finished.

• Rita July 16, 2015, 4:22 pm

I would love one for the extended standards 6-12! :)

• Heather September 20, 2015, 12:20 pm

Thank you so much for sharing so generously. It is such a great help!

Thanks,
    Heather

• Rachael November 26, 2015, 7:28 am

I teach Special Education for Cognitively Impaired and Autistic students that are high functioning. Do you have differentiated lessons?

• Jill & Cathy January 5, 2016, 5:14 pm

Hi Rachael! Could you be a little more specific in what types of resources you are searching for? Skills? Concepts? We have lots of resources throughout our site that are (or can be) differentiated for the needs of learners.

• Angie April 11, 2016, 7:56 pm

This is amazingly helpful and very teacher and student friendly!! THANK YOU!!

• Sarah April 12, 2016, 9:38 pm

Your site looks awesome. I teach sixth grade science. I hope to see more of your items for that area. I love the “I Can” statements. Wish you had those and objectives for 6th grade College and Career Standards/COS Standards for Alabama.

• Dana Evans April 18, 2016, 4:22 am

Thank you for sharing these resources.