Book shares can be a meaningful way for students to share their favorite books with classmates.
This is another free resource for teachers from The Curriculum Corner.
Having children share their favorite books is a great way to encourage other students to read. Here we have put together our favorite book sharing ideas.
Students will enjoy these free book sharing resources as they look to recommend their favorite books to their classmates.
We love the idea of using these resources to help your students encourage their classmates to try new books.
Have your students use these bookmarks to suggest a new book to other students.
Within this set you will find the following resources:
- Award Ideas Anchor Chart Hang this poster in your room to give students ideas for why a book should win a classroom award. We have left a few spots at the bottom for your class to create their own.
- Award Winning Bookmarks Students choose their favorite book and tell the award it should win. We like to laminate these and keep them in the books. This is a great way to help students choose books they will love!
- Pick a Great Book! Students complete the flower organizer to share why they would recommend their book.
- Read This Book! The computer graphics make this a good choice for students of all ages (even a fifth grade boy can’t complain about this one!) Students share the title and give reasons why others should read the book.
- Out of This World These space-themed bookmarks ask students to tell their favorite book and give a reason why they love it.
- Our Class Favorites Create a class guide to everyone’s favorite books. Students each complete a page telling their favorite book and illustrating their reason. When students are complete, bind the pages to make your own class book.
- Writing a Recommendation This is designed to help students organize their thoughts and then transform their ideas into a complete paragraph.
You can download this free book sharing set here:
Just getting started with your reading workshop? You might be interested in the following post to help you get started:
If you are looking to grab some of the books featured in our photos above, you will find the links below (contains affiliate links)