This free collection of math and literacy winter sports themed printables (winter sports worksheets) for print & go review is designed for skill practice.
This collection of winter sports themed printables (winter sports worksheets) are perfect for skill practice at home or in the classroom.
We’ve created this set of winter sports worksheets with the Winter Olympics in mind.
We’ve included sports that will be viewed during the Olympics. Of course, if it’s not a year for the Olympics, these will still fit into a focus on winter sports in your classroom.
The pages are designed to be something quick with a theme. These can be great for morning review or for paper and pencil practice when you need an activity to add to your sub plans.
The sports showcased include hockey, figure skating, curling, bobsledding and luge.
While we prefer hands on activities for this age group, we also know that there are times when you need to check student understanding or when you have students who need a little extra practice.
***You will find the entire download of pages nativity themed printables at the bottom of the post in BOLD RED text.***
Within this winter sports themed print & go collection, you will find the following free worksheets for teacher use…
Cover Pages One is designed for teacher use in case you like store your sets in a binder. The other page is designed to be the cover for a practice book you put together for students.
Math Practice Pages:
- Count to 20
- Count to 100
- Count to 100 by 2s
- Count to 100 by 5s
- Ten-Frames (2 pages)
- Roll, Write & Tally
- Color the Fraction
- Circle the Number (2 pages)
- Count the Sides
- 1 More, 1 Less – (2 pages) Students write the number that is one more and one less than the number given.
- 10 More, 10 Less – Students write the number that is ten more and ten less than the number given.
- Before & After – (3 pages) Students write the number just before and just after a given number.
- Write a Fact Family – Students are given the three numbers in the family and need to write the math facts.
- Write the Missing Addends
- Find 5 & Find 10
- Writing Numbers in Different Ways – Students practice writing numbers with numerals, words and in expanded form.
Literacy Practice Pages:
- Write the Missing Letters Uppercase and Lowercase Letter Versions
- Read the Color Words
- Long or Short Vowel Sounds – Students identify long and short vowel sounds as they read words.
- Color the Beginning Sound – Students color in boxes containing the beginning letters of words.
- Write the Missing End Mark
- ABC Order – Students put a short list of farm words in ABC order.
- Find and Graph the Sports Words
- Count the Syllables
- Sort the Words Students sort words according to their parts of speech (nouns, verbs & adjectives).
- Write the Days of the Week
- Write the Months of the Year
- Unscramble the Sentences
- Focus Words 4 pages for students to practice a word and put together a scrambled sentence
- Write the Missing Letters – (2 pages – capital and lower case letters) Students fill in the missing letters in the alphabet.
- Roll & Write Games (first 100 Fry words)
- Writing / Drawing Prompts (4 pages)
***You will find the PDF download for all the woodland animals worksheets pages listed above here:
You might also be interested in our