This 2nd Grade Computation Math Check is designed to be a pre and post assessment for computation standards in your math classroom.
This set of math checks is designed to help you assess second grade standards for computation.
Because states across the nation have adopted a variety of standards, we have created this assessment without indicator numbers. Our hope is that this will make these assessments materials that can be used regardless of the numbers used on your standards.
These assessment pages can be used as pre and post assessment checks to chart growth. You might also use them to check in with your students before a unit test.
Use these problems to help guide your teaching at the beginning of a unit or to help you structure your reteaching groups as you progress.
You will also find an answer key.
2nd Grade Computation
You will find problems covering each standard along with the standard listed at the top of the page or section.
Problems for the following standards are included:
- Add and subtract within 100.
- Add and subtract within 1,000. Use models, drawings and strategies.
- Show fluency in solving addition and subtraction facts.
- Solve real-world problems involving addition and subtraction within 100.
- Understand the commutative and associative property. Show that the order two numbers are added and how they are grouped does not change the sum.
- Use addition to find the total number of objects arranged in rectangular arrays with up to 5 rows and up to 5 columns. Write an equation to show the sum.
The math check created has been designed to touch upon each of the standards.
We will be creating a math check for each focus area and each grade level.
Along with the math checks, we will also be creating coordinating PowerPoint games to review each of the skills covered.
We do understand for an end of unit test, you will might need a larger, more in depth test. This resource is not that test. Instead, it is a way for you to take a quick feel of your students understanding of the content.
You can download this free math check for 2nd grade computation here:
You will find a similar math check for 2nd grade number sense here: Number Sense for 2nd Grade.