These gingerbread fluency & sequencing sentences are a great free addition to your December literacy centers.
We have created 18 phrases retelling The Gingerbread Man. There are so many uses for these phrases. You can download the collection of sentences at the bottom of this post.
We are also sharing other free resources to fit with your fluency practice.
If you are looking for additional gingerbread resources, look for the free resources we are also sharing at the bottom of this post.
Click on the bold titles to download each of the gingerbread fluency & sequencing resources.
1. Sequencing Cut apart and use as a whole class or small group sequencing activity. When students complete the ordering, you can have them take turns reading the phrases aloud.
2. Fluency Phrase Give students a phrase to practice during independent reading time. You can do a fluency quick check as you conference with students.
3. Roll, Read, Keep Print on construction paper, laminate and cut apart. Use as part of a roll, read, keep game. Students place six phrases on the board and roll a die. The first student reads the corresponding phrase. The phrase is kept if it is read correctly, it stays there if the student is unable to read the phrase.
4. Illustrate Give each student a phrase and a story page. Students glue their phrase at the bottom and then illustrate what they visualize. These phrases can then be turned into a class book.
5. Gingerbread Fluency Booklet Students select a given number of phrases and attach to their booklet. Students illustrate their phrases and then practice during independent reading time. This can also be a way to send home a little reading practice over winter break.
You can download the complete collection of sentences here: Gingerbread Sentences
How will you use these phrases? We would love to hear your ideas!
You might also be interested in our