Add these simple addition and subtraction fact puzzles to your math centers for winter math fact practice.
This is another free resource for teachers from The Curriculum Corner.
Give your students some winter math fact practice with these winter addition and subtraction fact puzzles. They are an easy to create math center for fact practice.
We know that teachers are always looking for new ways to encourage their students to work on basic math facts. Sometimes you need something more than worksheets to engage your students.
We created these simple puzzle centers for you to add to your rotations.
There are two sets – one with addition facts and another with subtraction facts.
How to create these winter math fact practice puzzles.
- Print the cards on card stock. You might use color card stock – choosing one color for addition and another for subtraction. We used a minimal amount of color clip art so that you can choose color or white card stock for these files.
- Laminate the puzzles.
- Cut apart and place in baggies or other storage containers.
- You might choose to color code the backs with a small dot for easy self-checking.
Remember to not overwhelm students working on mastering their facts – some students might benefit from only have two or three puzzles at a time while others are ready for the whole collection.
You know your students best so do what will work best for your classroom!
You can download these free winter addition and subtraction puzzles here:
Looking for additional winter resources to add to your collection? Take a look at these other free downloads we offer:
- Winter Cross Out Games
- Find a Fact Winter Games
- Penguins Hundreds Chart Games
- Winter Addition Facts PowerPoint Game
As with all of our resources, The Curriculum Corner creates these for free classroom use. Our products may not be sold. You may print and copy for your personal classroom use. These are also great for home school families!
You may not modify and resell in any form. Please let us know if you have any questions.