These context clues task cards are great for practice or review in your classroom! Free language arts activity from The Curriculum Corner.
This is another free resource for teachers from The Curriculum Corner.
These context clues task cards give your students practice with basic language skills.
These task cards can be used as practice before standardized testing. The multiple choice format will get students used to the format on many tests.
For this activity, print and laminate the cards and copy a recording page for each student.
How To Set Up these Context Clues Task Cards
You can choose to simply use these cards at a literacy center. If you are looking for a more active way to use these cards, we are sharing a couple ideas below.
As a Scoot Game
- Place a card at each students’ seat.
- Students will each receive a recording page. You might want to also have them use a clip board.
- Students start with the card at their seat.
- Say scoot when you are ready for students to switch spots.
- The students will rotate and move on to the next card.
Hint – we like to make sure students know the path before they begin!
As a Write the Room Game
- Instead of playing this as a scoot game, you could also make it a write the room type of activity.
- Place the cards throughout the room and your students can travel around the room during class to find each card.
- This is a good alternative to a traditional scoot game because students will not feel rushed to complete each problem.
An answer key is provided for easy grading purposes or if you want your students to self-check.
Many teachers use Scoot games as a review for an assessment, so students can check their answers to determine if they need additional practice or support before the assessment.
***** You will find all 24 Context Clues Task Cards
and the recording page described above here:
Language Scoot *****
You might also like: