Add these skip counting games, activities and worksheets to your math resource collection for engaging math practice.
Children can work on skip counting with this collection of materials.
These activities will help students learn about counting by 2s, 5s and 10s along with receive extra practice.
This is another free resource for teachers from The Curriculum Corner.
Math Centers & Practice Pages
These printable centers, activities and worksheets will help you teach and review skip counting by 2s, 5s and 1os in your 1st grade or 2nd grade classroom.
We have created multiple ways for students to learn and practice their skip counting skills.
Most of the resources can be math centers or independent work. You will also find a class activity and a page that could be used as a pre and/or post assessment.
Some of the resources reach up to 100, while others go all the way to 120. Use what works for your expectations and standards.
Add activity and movement into your teaching!
We know that kids are more engaged when movement is involved. Skip counting can be an easy skill to add movement into the practice.
Start by printing and laminating your favorite set from our collection of Number Cards.
Try one of the following activities or think of your own!
Order Me! Pull out the cards for counting by 2s from 2 – 20. Give students a card and then encourage students to work together to order the students. Use this activity for students to skip count by 2s, skip count by 5s and skip count by 10s. Modify this activity to include more numbers or introduce multiplication by skip counting by other numbers such as 3s or 4s.
What Doesn’t Belong? Put students into groups and give them a set of cards for counting by 2s, 5s or 10s. Include one or two numbers that do not belong. Students will each take a card and order themselves while determining the numbers that should not be in the set.
Sit Down Start with 1 and give each kid a number. Have your kids get in order in a circle. Say “Stand if you would be used to count by 2s.” Follow with “Stand if you would be used to count by 5s.” As you go, have students raise their hand if they have not stood. Discuss what they notice.
Our Printable Skip Counting Activities & Worksheets
Skip Counting Cards
- These skip counting cards are meant to be laminated and cut apart for hands on practice.
- Twos, fives and tens have been created with different color numbers so that sorting at the end of work time is easy.
- You might think of using these with your small guided math groups or one-one-one work. Place a row of numbers in front of a student with certain numbers missing. Have the student choose from the cards you give them to fill in the missing numbers.
Skip Counting Work Mats
- These mats come with three different background colors to distinguish between the twos, fives and tens.
- They have matching cards to laminate and cut out for each mat and they are designed with blank boxes for students to place the number cards in.
- We have also provided some additional numbers to make this more of a challenge for those students who are ready.
Skip Counting Hundreds Boards
- These reusable mats are meant to be laminated.
- Students use Vis-a-Vis or dry erase markers to color the correct boxes and learn about the patterns associated with counting by twos, fives and tens.
What’s My Rule?
- Laminate these work mats and use with Vis-a-Vis or dry erase markers.
- There are three different versions and a challenge mat (denoted with stars at the top) for student use.
I Have…Who Has…? Skip Counting Game
- This set of 30 cards is for when you want a whole class activity.
- There are 30 cards so that in most classrooms all students can have a card. (If you have less than 30, give some students two cards or you can read all the extras.)
Skip Counting Practice Pages
- These pages include coloring hundreds boards, mazes and cut & paste activities.
- Nine pages in all that include twos, fives and tens.
I CAN Skip Count by 2s, 5s and 10s
Use this practice page as a pre or post assessment for checking this skill.
You can download our complete set of skip counting activities and worksheets here:
If your students need more practice, try our 50 Free Skip Counting Worksheets.
You might also like our Numbers, Counting & Ordering unit of study.
As with all of our resources, The Curriculum Corner creates these for free classroom use. Our products may not be sold. You may print and copy for your personal classroom use. These are also great for home school families!
You may not modify and resell in any form. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Saturday 4th of February 2023
WOW! This is very helpful. I like to spice things up for review and this is perfect!
Skip Counting Worksheets - The Curriculum Corner 123
Wednesday 12th of February 2020
[…] Skip Counting Unit of Study is a good place to start. This unit will give you a range of games, practice mats and class […]
Free Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum Resources | The Busy Mom Club
Monday 30th of September 2019
[…] skip counting activity by 2s, 5s, and 10s from The Curriculum Corneractivities for skip counting by mathisfun.comskip counting mazes from Confessions of a Homeschoolerusing chalk to practice skip counting from Kids Activity Blog […]
20+ Unique Skip Counting Activities Kids Will Adore
Monday 15th of July 2019
[…] Count by 2, 5 and 10 Resource Pack: This huge printable set includes lots of different games and practice pages to count by 2’s, 5’s and 10’s. […]
Sunday 10th of May 2015
Thanks very much for sharing these. I look forward to using them with my students.