Adding and Subtracting Decimals can be a skill students need a little extra practice with. These task cards are perfect!
Use this set of task cards at a math center or as group work to give your students practice with adding & subtracting decimals.
This set of colorful task cards can be used at a math center, as a scoot game or even as a write the room type of activity.
We’ve included an assortment of recording pages to make it easier for you to differentiate the tasks assigned.
We have placed a box at the top of the recording pages so you may assign specific problems to specific students for easy differentiation.
We have also created a recording page for the task cards to be used as a scoot game.
To Play Scoot
- Place a task card at each student’s desk. Each student receives a scoot page.
- Students begin with the task card at their desk and are given 30 seconds (or an amount of time that works for your students.)
- When the time is up, the teacher says “Scoot” and the children move to their left.
- This continues until all of the task cards have been completed.
Scoot gets kids up and moving but can be difficult because children are given the same amount of time for every problem. If you are looking for an alternative, try using this as a write the room activity.
To Use as a Write the Room Activity
- Tape cards around the room. You might even give your students a little challenge by making a few tricky to find.
- Students are given a recording page.
- They go on a “hunt” for each problem. This can be done in any order and at any pace.
- Students solve each problem and record the answers.
This game can be a great way to get your students up and moving.