Try these free place value task cards for 4th and 5th grade math classrooms.
This is another free resource for teachers from The Curriculum Corner.
This set of cards includes larger numbers so that children in the upper grades can practice place value with appropriate numbers.
These place value task cards that can be used at a math center or for small group practice.
Skills covered with these place value task cards:
- Writing numbers in standard form
- Writing numbers in expanded form
- Practicing word form
- Reading larger numbers
- Determining the value of digits within larger numbers
How to use these place value task cards:
- Begin by printing in color and laminating the cards. Cut apart the cards and place at a center with the recording forms you are using
- Have students work on the cards during a math center. You can assign just right cards by choosing the recording form and cards that fit the needs of your students.
- Set up a SCOOT game. Place the cards around the room in numerical order. Students each stand at a card. You have them begin working and say “SCOOT” when it is time to move to the next card. This is a great option for getting a little movement into your day.
This set contains numbers from the thousands through to the millions.
Use these cards to differentiate practice for individual students by providing cards that fit the skills a student is working on.
You can download this free place value task card set here:
Extending the Learning
If your students love this set of task cards, challenge them to create their own set.
Or have students create a set to meet the standards for a different grade level. Your students will demonstrate mastery of the skill. Plus, they will be helping another teacher and class.
Not only will this task give your students practice with math, it also involves writing skills.
You might also like our 4th Grade Place Value Brochure!
As with all of our resources, The Curriculum Corner creates these for free classroom use. Our products may not be sold. You may print and copy for your personal classroom use. These are also great for home school families!
You may not modify and resell in any form. Please let us know if you have any questions.